Heritage Youth Chorus Extended Choir
We are inviting Latter-day Saint youth from across the country (and across the globe!) to join us on our 2023 fireside tour as a member of the Extended Choir.
Following a rigorous audition and interview process, up to 20 youth will be selected to join the choir on the 2023 Heritage Youth Chorus Pacific Northwest tour departing on June 2, 2023. Selected singers will learn the fireside music (with the aid of sheet music, practice tracks, live rehearsal streams, and formative assessments) and will gather in American Fork, Utah on June 2 for final rehearsals and a pre-tour fireside.
The HYC Extended Choir is open to youth who will be between the ages of 14-18 in 2023 and who live at least 50 miles away from the American Fork and Salt Lake campuses. Youth who would like to participate in the Extended Choir must meet the following criteria:
- Be available to tour with the choir June 2-12, 2023 (and attend required rehearsals on May 31)
- Be willing to pay the tour fee ($840) plus a $30 materials fee. This covers sheet music, transportation, lodging, activities, and food.
- Be willing to purchase matching attire for tour and for performances: $90 for T-shirts and jacket and about $200 for performance attire.
- Be willing to live the AHS Honor Code, which includes standards for dating, dress and appearance, entertainment and media, language, and other areas.
Submit an online application form by October 15th. You will be required to upload an audition video and a letter of recommendation.
In the video, the applicant should:
- Introduce themselves. Name, age, school, hobbies, and other interesting facts.
- Perform a favorite hymn or primary song. Either accompanied or unaccompanied is acceptable.
- Tell why they chose that particular song.
- Sing an ascending scale, beginning with their lowest note up to their highest note.
The letter of recommendation can be from an ecclesiastical leader, a teacher, or another adult who has worked closely with the applicant for an extended period.
Applicants who are identified as potential Extended Choir members will be contacted before November 1 to schedule an online interview with the Youth Chorus Director and the Tour Director. Those selected to join the Extended Choir will then be asked to submit a health evaluation form signed by a doctor, a second questionnaire, and a tour deposit.
If you have questions about the Heritage Youth Chorus Extended Choir, please email email@example.com.