In AHS art classes students will learn:
- to create artwork with their own hands and know that they are part of the Divine Design;
- the elements of design;
- how to observe beauty in the world;
- about artistic movements across history and regions (e.g. Chinese, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Medieval, Pre-Columbian, Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassicism/Romanticism, Realism, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Fauvism, Cubism, Expressionism, Surrealism, Regionalism, Abstract Expressionism, Non-Figurative, Art Deco, Color Field, Pop Art, Op Art, Minimalism, Photo Realism, and Installation Art) and the great artistic masters of the past;
- an introduction to the many tools, mediums and styles of creating art images.
- to develop their talents through persistent efforts in the art practices of coloring, cutting, drawing, clay-building, printmaking, sketching, colored pencils, water color, acrylic painting, computer-based drawing tools, pottery, etching, and other 2D and 3D media.